PPNEO Image Competition
Monday, October 15th
Usher Photography Studio
410 S. Court Street, Medina, OH, 44256
Meeting starts at 5pm
Jurying starts at 6pm
IMAGE COMPETITION RULES
ALL ENTRIES (both Digital and Printed) MUST BE REGISTERED AT www.printcompetition.com
1. Entrants may submit digital files for judging.
2. No changes to your entry are permitted once the entry deadline has passed. No refunds will be issued after the entry fee is paid.
4. Entrants do not need to be PPA members to compete in the Competition. PPNEO members are the only entrants to compete for the awards.
5. Digital image and album entries will be uploaded during registration.
6. All submissions are final. No changes to your entry are permitted once it is submitted. You may not change the title or content of any entry after you submit payment to finalize the entry.
7. DEADLINE FOR REGISTRATION on printcompetition.com is 5:00PM. ON Saturday, October 13th, 2018.
1. Entrant must have captured and created the original exposure or exposures.
2. All processing, manipulation and printing or rendering, were done by the entrant or under their direct supervision.
3. The entrant has obtained and has access to all necessary releases (model or property) and agrees to hold PPNEO harmless against all claims and liabilities arising out of PPNEO's display, publication and promotion or other use of each image submitted to PPNEO.
4. The entrant's name shall not appear anywhere in or on the face of the entry.
5. A maximum of ten entries may be submitted per entrant.
6. No entry will be eligible if it has been made under the supervision of an instructor or as a class assignment. All images submitted must be self-directed. Images created in an educational environment under direct supervision from an instructor are ineligible.
7. Any entry that has been created from an existing photograph, portrait, graphic or any other artwork produced by another person is a violation of the competition rules and will not be judged, accepted or displayed. If an entry, in the good-faith opinion of the Print Chair, violates copyright, trademark or any other applicable law, that entry shall be disqualified.
10. Entry media includes digital files and digital albums only.
11. Once an image has been awarded an exhibition merit in any category of PPA competition, it may not be entered again in any other category, at any time, by any entrant. No image that receives a merit may be entered more than once under any condition, including any image from a merited album.
Special requirements for Artist Category
1. Entries may be reproduced from existing photographs, portraits, graphics or any other artwork so long as the entrant is prepared to provide appropriate written documentation indicating permission for usage. This documentation may be requested by PPNEO before, during or after the competition. If an entry, in the good faith opinion of the Print Chair, violates copyright, trademark or any other applicable law and cannot be proven otherwise, that entry shall be disqualified and merits revoked, if issued.
2. All processing, manipulation, artwork or rendering must be done by the entrant. Printing may be done under their direct supervision.
3. Guide images must be included on the submitted digital canvas.
Artist, Album, Commercial, Illustrative, Portrait, Wedding
See Video Tutorial: PPA.com/IPC_Tutorials.
** Files must be sized so the longest dimension is 4000 pixels. Each file must contain an embedded color profile of either sRGB or Adobe RGB1998 and be saved at a JPEG quality setting of 10. In most cases, total file size should not exceed 3.5 MB. Larger files will be accepted when necessary so long are they are JPEG/10.
Digital Album Entry
See digital entry tutorial at ppa.com/ipc tutorials.
** All page/spread files must have the longest file dimension at 4000 pixels, have an embedded color profile of either sRGB or Adobe RGB1998 and saved at a JPEG quality setting of 10.
** Each page/spread file may contain as many images as you desire.
** An entry shall contain a minimum of 5 page/spread files up to 36 page/spread files.
** Files are to be numbered in viewing order using two digits, i.e. 01 jpg, 02 jpg, 03 jpg, etc.
** Studio identification or entrant's name cannot appear on any file within the album entry.
** Each entrant must use the same title when entering a multi‐maker album.
DEADLINES AND FEES
$10.00 per entry for PPNEO members, $12.00 per entry for non-members.
Images must be submitted before 5pm on Saturday October 13th.